Week of May 18-22
*Fun zoom games this week Monday-Thursday at 10:30 with your teachers*
Monday - Show and tell an item whose name starts with the first letter of your name.
Tuesday - Scavenger hunt
Wednesday - Sight word hangman
Thursday - Math bingo game
Make your own bingo board for Thursday like this using numbers 1-25. Give yourself a free space too :) Have something to use as markers like beans, pennies, buttons, etc.
WE MISS YOU and LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!
All About Me Board
It was so fun to see everyone's board!
Thursday Zoom math bingo game
1. Seesaw activity - 3D shapes scavenger hunt
2. Create 3D shapes using toothpicks and playdough or mini marshmallows (or anything else you want to use.) We'd love to see your 3D shape creations! Example here.
*Enjoy this 3D shape song*
Other great ways to practice Math skills:
- Todo Math app is one we use in the classroom. Games for a range of skills. (Some good games for our skills right now are "Missing "Number, "100 board quiz", and "basic operations games")
- Roll 2 dice and add the numbers together, then write out the 2 subtraction and 2 addition facts in that number family. (For instance, I roll a 2 and a 7. My number family facts are 2+7=9, 7+2=9, 9-7=2, and 9-2=7)
- Practice counting a group of coins or draw coins to show an amount of money. 28 cents = 2 dimes, 1 nickel, and 3 pennies. Don't allow your student to use all pennies! :)
- Counting practice videos we use in the classroom: Count to 100 video, Count by 2s video, Count by 5s video
Bible story: John's vision from God
**Hear Mrs. Whitmire read a story about A Dream of Heaven, part 1
**Hear Mrs. Williams read a story about A Dream of Heaven, part 2
Biblical character trait: Patience in waiting for Christ to return
Keep practicing Psalm 139:1-18.
Memory verse: Psalm 139:1-18 "O Lord, You have searched me and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord! You hem me in behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there. If I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me; Your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day for darkness is as light to You. For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God. How vast is the sum of them. Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with You."
**The video with the verse motions can be found HERE**
**Click here to see a devotion from Coach Barber: God rescues us from bad choices**
**Click here to hear last week's chapel message from Jeff Whitmire**
There are no SS lessons this week
Keep watching for updates on our caterpillars. We'll get together, socially distancing of course, to release our butterflies after they emerge from their chrysalises.
**Listen to Mrs. Whitmire read a The Very Impatient Caterpillar here
Phonics, Handwriting, and Reading
ZOOM games Monday-Thursday @ 10:30 for some fun games with your teachers and classmates.
Practice all sight words learned this year (red-orange words).
Some other great ways to practice your sight words:
- Rainbow write using 3 different colors
- Play Roll, Say Keep . Print your own board here, draw your own, or simply lay the cards out on a table in the same formation. It's better to lay the words face down rather than up like she shows in the tutorial. Use this game for lots of different things. Sight words, short sentences, addition/subtraction facts, blend and special sound practice, and so much more!
- Check YouTube. Some word songs are available here Sight Word songs
- Bingo Board Create your own here to play again and again
- Spelling City app or website (spellingcity.com) and log in to use our Kinder sight word lists.
- "Write" them with play-doh, wiki sticks, or pipe cleaners
We will not be assigning handwriting for the rest of the school year.
1. Read to your child every day for at least 10 minutes.
2. Your child can practice reading a couple of stories a day from their Phonics readers that we sent home. These will need to be returned. We reuse these from year to year. Parents, remember to ask comprehension questions as your child reads, or after they are finished with the story. Examples of the types of questions you could ask: What did Bob do after he saw his friend at the park? How do you think Sally felt when she found out Grandma was coming to visit? What in the story made you think that?
3. Log in to A-Z kids reading online to read books on your own level. You can even record yourself reading for your teacher! :) We'd love to hear you read to us! If you have not recorded yourself reading a story, we would love to hear how you're doing.
Here's our final PE workout for the year! This activity is called "What's Your Name?"
Follow the instructions on the attachment for your last workout. Spell out your full name and complete the activity listed for each letter. Get a family member to join along with you and get after it!
Please sign up on your class sign up genius page.
Mrs. Whitmire's Class
Mrs. Williams' Class
Amazon wish list:
Ms. Briner's (music) Amazon wish list:
Amazon wish list:
Mrs. Broad's (art) Amazon wish list:
website updated every Monday by 8am